Mercury Messenger BLOG – Privacy Statement
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
This Privacy Statement is current as of the Effective Date. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time. Please consult this portion of the Blog periodically for important changes to the Privacy Statement, as FTD may, at any time, and without notice, revise this Privacy Statement by updating this posting.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. By accessing or using the Blog, you are bound by these terms and conditions and any changes to these terms and conditions; you should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Privacy Statement. Access or use of the Blog following any change to this Privacy Statement constitutes your agreement to those changes. If at any time you choose not to accept the terms of this Privacy Statement, you should not access or use this Blog.
Please continue reading below for information on FTD’s collection and use of your personal information.
- Personal Information We CollectYou do not have to provide any personal information to access or use certain portions of our Blog. In order to make comments or interact with certain features of the Blog, however, we may require you to register and provide certain personal information about yourself. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, contact information, email address, age or date of birth and your account username and password. We may also collect personal information that you provide in the material you post to our Blog or in your correspondence with us. If you decide not to provide us with this personal information, you will still be able to access or use certain parts of our Blog, although there may be some features or services that are unavailable to you.
- How We Use Personal InformationFTD may store and process personal information in order to facilitate your use of the Blog and to identify you when you log in to our Blog. We may also use the personal information we collect to better understand our users and to tailor and enhance our Blog.FTD may also store or process personal information using contractors, subcontractors and vendors (collectively, “FTD Third Parties”) and their agents or employees. Our FTD Third Parties are required to protect the privacy of your personal information in the same manner as set forth in this Privacy Statement. FTD is not responsible for the protection of any personal information provided by you to third parties or other Blogs even if you reach such third parties or other Blogs through hyperlinks from our Blog.As indicated on the Blog, FTD may also send you an on-line newsletter, e-mail communications or promotional offers to the email address provided at the Blog as well as certain promotional offers. If you do not want to receive such e-mails from us, please follow the instructions provided in the body of such e-mails or please contact us at email@example.com.We may supplement the information you provide to us with data we receive from third parties, such as marketing firms or address verification services. For example, if you change your address and fail to advise us, we may verify your address through a third party address verification company.
- CookiesWe may collect information from you by using cookies. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer containing information about you. Cookies help us analyze web traffic, provide user data for a particular webpage, and allow web applications to be responsive to you as an individual. This helps us tailor our operations to your specific needs and preferences by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, please follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. However, if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our online features or access certain sections of our Blog.
- Disclosures and Onward TransfersWe will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information without your consent except as otherwise set out in the Privacy Statement.To enable us to more efficiently operate the Blog, we may share your personal information with selected third parties who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers, or providers. You acknowledge that the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information may be undertaken by these selected third parties for the purposes for which the data was collected. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and they are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.There are also business and/or legal reasons we may be required to disclose your personal information.As an example, we may transfer information we have about you to third parties in connection with a merger, sale or acquisition involving all or part of our company, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. If we undergo such a business transition, your personal information may be one of the assets affected.
We may also be required by law to provide your personal information to law enforcement or a government agency in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body. We may also disclose your personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, to protect our interest or preserve our rights, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- SecurityWe use procedural and technological security measures which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure, consistent with industry standards.We use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, it is always possible that third parties will unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or defeat these measures. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee (and thus you should not expect) that your personal information can never be viewed and/or used by others. FTD is not responsible for these unauthorized uses, thus you should be careful about the information you make available when using our Blog.
- ChildrenOur Blog is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly allow anyone under 13 to provide us with any personal information. If you are under the age of 13, do not use this Blog. Children should always get permission from their parents before providing any information about themselves online, to us or to anyone else.If parents believe their minor children have accessed this Blog and provided their personal information, please contact us. We will exercise reasonable efforts to delete the child’s personal information in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- ComplaintsFTD takes your privacy concerns seriously. If you believe we have not complied with this Privacy Statement with respect to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.